We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Natural remedies for athlete's foot: from salt to garlic, here are some effective natural treatments to fight and prevent the appearance of this nasty infection.
Perhaps the term makes you think that it is a pathology reserved only for athletes, however athlete's foot can affect anyone; It occurs mainly between the fingers or on the soles of the feet, but also affects other parts of the body, such as the groin and hands.
Since the infection is caused by a fungus that prefers warm and humid areas, the feet become the perfect habitat for its proliferation. There are some natural do-it-yourself treatments to combat athlete's foot and prevent the infection from spreading. Here are some homemade options to eliminate athlete's foot.
Natural remedies for athlete's foot, symptoms
- Severe itching
- Burning sensation
- Presence of vesicles
- Dry and cracked skin
- Bad smell
- Localized pain
The contagion basically takes place in the locker rooms of those who practice sports but not always; even those who do not dry the area of the toes well after taking a shower can be prone to infection.
Athlete's foot, risk factors
In addition to not drying your toes well, there are other factors that can cause the fungus to appear:
- Too much foot sweating
- Use of non-breathable or wet socks
- Use of poorly breathable footwear
- Weak immune system
- Having wet feet for a long time: a condition that occurs for example when it rains.
Men are more prone to foot fungus than women and, as with other fungal diseases, it spreads easily from toe to toe, foot to foot and even to other areas of the body.
Natural remedies for athlete's foot, tea bags
The tea we use to make a good infusion can prove effective in combating fungus from the toes thanks to the tannic acid it contains. It is an excellent natural astringent capable of reducing the proliferation of the fungus and keeping the feet free from moisture. To get the most benefit from it, just dip your feet in the tea-based mixture that we will explain below.
-5 black tea bags.
-1 liter of water.
- Boil the water with the tea bags in the saucepan
- After it reaches a boil, leave on the heat for another 5 minutes before turning off.
- Wait for it to cool completely then remove the bags.
- Pour the mixture into a clean basin and immerse your feet for half an hour.
- Dry your feet carefully with a towel.
- Repeat this every morning and every evening for at least 1 month.
Natural remedies for athlete's foot, tea tree oil
It is an antiseptic with fungicidal properties; effectively blocks the spread of infection.
-15 grams of otea tree oil
-20 grams of olive oil
Preparation and application
- After mixing both oils, moisten some cotton and rub between your fingers without rinsing.
- Repeat twice a day for 4 weeks.
Natural remedies against athlete's foot, salt
-1 liter of water
-50 grams of salt
- Dilute the salt in water and let it cool
- Transfer the solution to a clean basin and soak your feet
- Let it act for about 15 minutes or until the water is completely cold.
- Dry well and put on some talcum powder or baking soda to keep your feet dry.
- Repeat the operation several times a day for at least 2 weeks.
Natural remedies against athlete's foot, garlic
-1 clove of garlic
-Half teaspoon of olive oil
- Crush the garlic and add the olive oil and mix until it forms a cream
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas and let it act for about 20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and natural soap
- Dry well and repeat the operation every day for at least 2 weeks.
You might also be interested in
- Foot and knee exostosis
- Giradito: what it is and natural remedies